Is Your Vocation with Francis?
Does one have a vocation to the Secular Order of the Franciscans? Father Lester Bach, OFM Capuchin in his book "the Franciscan Journey" lists ten signs that a person may have a vocation to the Secular Franciscan Order.
- The Individual
- Is a good, practicing Catholic.
- Has a desire to follow Jesus and His Gospel, the heart of our life.
- Has a personal faith relationship with Jesus, not just simply an intellectual knowledge about Jesus.
- Is hope-filled and willing and able to deal with life's issues.
- Realizes that we are all sinful and in need of conversion.
- Has some knowledge of St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi.
- Is willing and able to commit to the Rule of the SFO and to live in fraternity.
- Trusts God and realizes the importance of God in their life.
- Has a reverence for all creation and a sense of courtesy and respect for it.
- Is willing to embrace a counter-culture stance that is part of life in fraternity and are able and willing to share creative ideas and life with others.
Back to Top